ORLANDO, Fla. – The Cleveland Cavaliers' crushing defeat at the hands of the Orlando Magic Saturday could not have been their only loss. Ben Wallace, their enforcer and starting up center for most of the season, stated after the game that he might retire.“I am going to sit down and speak with my household, weigh my possibilities and come up with a determination,” the 34-yr-previous Wallace said after Cleveland's 103-90 loss. “Nothing's definite, but there's a robust chance that this was my final season.”WallaceWallace has one particular yr and $14 million left on his contract. He has not yet spoken with Cavaliers management about retirement or a buyout.“I haven't talked to Ben at all about his potential,” said standard Patrick Kane Jersey manager Danny Ferry, who was shocked to hear about Wallace's remarks.Wallace, a veteran of 13 seasons, sighted his declining overall health as a main purpose he could hang up his sneakers. He missed 25 games due to damage this season, sitting out with a proper forearm laceration, a fractured right fibula, a bruised left knee and a strained left patella tendon.“It really is tough becoming on the sidelines when you are banged up,” he explained. "Then you've acquired to place in all that operate to get back in the rotation. It really is turning into a you Jonathan Toews Jersey thful man's game.“2009 NBA PlayoffsWant an in-depth seem at the Cavs-Magic series? Verify out all the stats, evaluation and opinion right here:• Cavs-Magic pageIf Wallace chooses to retire, he will virtually certainly seek a buyout given that retiring outright would price him next season's salary. But he mentioned cash will not be the identifying issue in his decision.”I believe I deserve ,“ Wallace explained. ”But if I Marian Hossa Jersey don't get one and I have just got to give it up, which is w Patrick Sharp Jersey hat I'll do."Despite Wallace's declining production, losing him would be a large blow to the Cavaliers. With Anderson Varejao, Patrice Bergeron Jersey who replaced Wallace in the starting lineup throughout the playoffs, and Joe Smith both turning into free of charge agents, the only returning large guy in their rotation would be Zydrunas Ilgauskas, who will flip 34 next week.A Wallace retirement would also give Varejao added leverage in contract negotiations this summer season. As a limited cost-free agent last yr, Varejao sat out nearly half the season due to a contract dispute. He is unrestricted this 12 months and his agent, Dan Fegan, is likely to seek a long-phrase deal really worth about $ten million annually.But re-signing Varejao at that type of quantity could hinder the Cavaliers' capacity to signal a star cost-free agent this kind of as Chris Bosh in the summer season of 2010.Wallace, who was nicknamed “Physique” by his teammates since of his imposing physique, has been one particular of the most inspiring stories in the NBA. Undrafted out of Virginia Union, he became a star in his fifth season.Traded from Orlando to Detroit in 2000 as component of a package deal for Grant Hill, he grew to become the league's premier rebounder and shot blocker. A 4-time all-star and 4-time Defensive Player of the Year, he anchored the Pistons' championship team that upset the Los Angeles Lakers in 2004.After signing a four-yr, $60 million deal with Chicago as a totally free agent in 2006, Wallace was traded to Cleveland last season.He is averaged ten.3 rebounds and 2.2 blocks for his career, including a occupation-substantial 15.4 rebounds in 2002-03. Wallace averaged just 6.5 rebounds and 1.3 blocks for the Cavs this season. Coming off the bench towards the Magic, he averaged 2.7 rebounds in 12 minutes this series.Wallace, who is less than a year's worth of credits away from graduating from Virginia Union, mentioned he ideas to earn his bachelor's degree and then attend law college as soon as he retires.Chris Broussard is a senior author for ESPN The Magazine.